mandag 1. september 2014

Charleston, South Carolina.






I was in Charleston 12 years ago with my friend Christina who grew up in Colombia, South Carolina. I didn´t remember much of the town except the dock area. The town is very idyllic and the houses are beautiful like in New Orleans. 
Charleston is filled with great restaurants and cafes. 


I think this is one of my favorite photos from the whole trip (above). 
It is taken with my Iphone with the App Camera+. 




I loved how the palm trees were all over town, it gave the town a very exotic feel. And it was hot and humid, real southern. 







There are five beaches around Charleston, we went to Folly beach which is closest to the city centre. 



This butterfly sat down right by my head, a real poser.. 




Persimmon cafe is a nice little cafe inside a laundromat. Frøydis´friend Sara Janne, who lives in Charleston, recommended this place because of their frozen custard with Nutella toppet with marsmallows. So we had to try that.. Unfortunately I fell of my high chair, wearing a skirt, but the staff said it was the smoothest fall they had ever seen, so that helped..ha ha. 




According to Lonely Planet it is the historic romanticism, along with the food and Southern graciousness, that makes Charleston one of the world´s favorite cities and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the South. 
Charleston was named the Best City in the World by readers of Condé Nast Traveler in 2012. 








In Charleston we stayed in this house that we found on AirBNB. The owners rented out 2 rooms and the woman made us breakfast, it was a nice change to all our hotel rooms. 


They had hens who loved climbing into the car in search of food. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar